Now that Christmas is just around the corner, my thoughts are turning towards a good pub crawl. For something completely different, how about a James St pub crawl?
Having a look at google maps. Start with:
- Carrigans (yes yes I know it’s on Old Kilmainham road);
- then Kennys Lounge opposite the hospital;
- admire the nice architecture on the way to the Malt House (if open-looked boarded up last time I passed);
- then across the road to The Tram where the Luas heads down the hill to Heuston;
- Ryans coming up to the brewery;
- McGruders after the brewery (not sure if that’s still there);
- Handel’s (which has been re-opened);
- onto Thomas St proper now, The Clock Pub;
- Tom Kennedys past Vicar St;
- The Thomas House (looks like a rocker bar);
- The Pale coming up towards Christchurch;
- The Lord Edward (next to Burdocks in case you’re in need of solid fuel)
- and finally finishing up in the Bull & Castle.
That’s 14 but I’m fairly sure the Malt House and McGruders are closed so that gives us 12 pubs of Christmas.